Saturday, September 15, 2012

Menu Plan Saturday 5:2 Diet Week 1

Richard and I have recently started following the 5:2 Diet plan.  This means that two days of the week I will live on 500 calories in a day and Richard will live on 600.  The rest of the week we will eat normal, healthy meals.  My menu is going to stay family-friendly, but I will make sure that I have something very low-cal to go with whatever the kids are eating on fast days.


Sunday: Smothered Pork Chops and mashed potatoes
Monday (Fast Day): Sausages and Tomato Chickpea Spinach simmer
Tuesday: Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken and Fried Rice
Wednesday:Pasta Fagioli Soup and Cheese toast or this one
Thursday:  (Fast Day): Beef and Broccoli stir fry with noodles
Friday: Pizza rolls
Saturday: Buffet

Breakfast treat this week: Crock pot apple cinnamon oatmeal
Special treat this week:  Anniversary cake

On fast days I won't be eating the sides with dinner (so no sausages or noodles for me on those days).

Once I am a couple of weeks in to my new diet plan I will blog some more about it and the results I am seeing.  Until then, if you have any questions, leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment