Saturday, February 04, 2012

Menu Planning again

Happy February!  A couple of weeks ago I learned the value of inventorying my freezer.  Today I am sucking it up and planning a menu based around that sheet so I can economize and decrease food waste.  This is here more for me, than it is for you, but if you find a new recipe in my list, then I am happy for you too!  Let me know what you think.

Taco Pasta salad and mozza flatbread (home made bread dough pressed out onto a pizza pan, drizzled with olive oil, garlic sprinkles and mozza cheese) 
Chicken and Spinach Casserole  (prepped and baked in cast iron skillet for one-pot cooking)
This was SO good and now I am officially in love with creamed spinach
Cumin and Lime Roasted Pork Tenderloin with creamed corn
Asian Beef Stir fry (Eat, Shrink and Be Merry cookbook)
Split pea soup with Sausage and Pastor Ryan's Blooming Bread 
the bread was a big win, the soup was a major fail.  Part of the problem was a poorly sealing crockpot lid that allowed the soup to dry out into paste.  Even if it had worked the kids still would have soundly rejected it.
Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole
Richard said that next time this recipe needs to be doubled
Buffet

These recipes are in no particular order as I will slot in the slow cooker meals on days when I need to plan ahead and I like to pick and choose based on the mood of the house on any given day.




No comments:

Post a Comment