Sunday, May 30, 2010

I did it!!!

I did it!  I ran my first race today.  What a rush!  I didn't even come close to winning any medals (actually, my coach and her family swept the podium very nicely of them) but I met the goals I set out for myself:
  • I ran the whole way without stopping.
  • I didn't come in last.
  • I ran the race in under 40 minutes.
Crossing the finish line with friends, family, and strangers cheering is SUCH a rush.  I also felt very badass running in the middle of busy intersections with police stopping traffic for me.  I just had so much fun and I am so glad I decided to do this.

I posted a time of 37:16, which I am going to be proud of considering I only started training 10 weeks ago.

Hopefully next year hubs won't be too busy keeping three kids under control to take a picture of me crossing the finish line for the 10K.

4 comments:

  1. ::thunderous applause::

    You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I didn't see that reference to the 10k....



    I'm so proud of you! You looked great coming across the line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You did awesome! And obviously the weather wasn't much of an issue, which is great, too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete