Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Weigh In Wednesday #1




I have been lurking at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans for quite a while now. They are very down to earth and inspiring people.

I have had to lose weight three times in my life. Once, when I was newly dating Mister Hummingbird Metabolism and in Nursing School--keeping up with him and enjoying a studious and sedentary lifestyle packed a lot of extra pounds on my body. My rock bottom was seeing 180 on the scale and having to shop in the plus-size department for the first time in my life. I started in Weight Watchers, and ended in a teeny town that had no pizza delivery, but a 24 hour gym. I dropped the weight just in time to marry Mister HM, and get pregnant before the ink was dry on our paperwork.

I then gave birth to my sweet Emmett, who is now 5 and 7/8ths. I packed on 40 lbs growing him and only lost around 20 before getting pregnant with my darling Charlotte, now 4. I joined WW again and dropped over 30 lbs. I was back in size 8 and feeling great. Five minutes after I bought the cute jeans I got pregnant with my adorable Matthew, now 1-1/2. I am back where I started. I won't disclose my weight here right now, but I am wearing size 13 pants and they are tight. People ask me when my baby is due and I haven't been pregnant in two years.

I have been stopping and starting. Doing well for a week or two, then resorting to binge eating in my pantry. I exercise sproadicaly. It is time to make some changes. I hardly recognize the face I see in the mirror. I am tired of trying to figure out what to wear that doesn't make me look pregnant. I am back on the wagon.

I chart my food, exercise and weight at The Daily Plate. I know I can't do this alone.

I am so excited to finally dip my toe in and participate with other shrinkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment